Price as configured: € 995 Excl. Tax:
- Cloud Connectivity
- Sense & Avoid / UTM support
- RTK Positioning
- EMI & Vibration Isolation
- Custom Automations & Flight Phases
Veronte Autopilot is a miniaturized high reliability avionics system for advanced control of unmanned systems. This control system embeds a state-of-the-art suite of sensors and processors together with LOS and BLOS M2M datalink radio, all with reduced size and weight.
The unique Plug ´n Fly control system, Veronte Autopilot ads fully autonomous control capabilities to any unmanned system for complete operation, compatible with: UAV, Drone, RPAS, USV, UGV…
- Highly configurable: Veronte control system is fully configurable; payload, platform layout, control phases, control channels… even the user interface layout can be user defined.
- Custom routines:User selectable automatic actions, activated on system event or periodically.
- Actions: phase change, activate payload, move servo, go to, onboard log, parachute release…
- Events: waypoint arrival, inside/outside polygon, alarm, variable range, button…
- Telemetry & log: Embedded datalink for system monitoring and telecommand and customizable user log in both onboard and control station, all with user defined variables and frequency record.
- External sensor: Support for external sensor connection: magnetometer, radar, LIDAR, RPM, temperature, fuel level, battery level, weather…
- Payload & Peripheral: Transponder, secondary radios, satcom transceivers, camera gimbals, motor drivers, photo cameras, flares, parachute release systems, tracking antennas, pass through RS232 & CAN tunnel...
The Veronte Autopilot is designed to control any unmanned vehicle, either aircraft such as: multirotors, helicopters, airplanes, VTOL, blimps… as well as ground vehicles, surface vehicles or many others. Custom flight phases and control channels provide support for any aircraft layout and performance by using the same software and hardware for: UAS, RPAS, Drone, USV / ASV, UGV…Fixed Wing
+InfoGround Vehicle (UGV)Target
+InfoSurface Vehicle (USV)Optionally Piloted(OPV)
Fully autonomous aircraft control from take-off to landing, compatible with any platform configuration: VTOL, flaperons, elevons, custom tail (V, X, T, H…), control w/o ailerons, hybrid…
Standard flight phase database including: take-off (catapult, hand launch, runway, airdrop…), climbing, loiter, waypoint route, hover, hold, descending, landing (runway, net, deep-stall, flare, moving platforms, linear landing…), flare… and user customizable phases for any aircraft behavior customization, user configurable up to PID level.
With the embedded M2M module for 4G communications, the drone is connected to Veronte Cloud servers. It allows online control of unmanned vehicles, making possible to operate UAVs from the internet and, in consequence, to perform Beyond Line of Sight (BLoS) operations.
This feature also enables online UAV telemetry synchronization and remote monitoring, making this autopilot a key instrument for Unmanned Traffic Management (UTM) systems.
- One Click Missions: Through a user-friendly interface, allows operators to program missions (such as mapping, surveillance, delivery…) and execute them doing a single “click”.
- Sense & Avoid: Radar, LIDAR or transponder based, permits to perform collaborative and uncollaborative sense and avoid on autonomous missions.
- Adaptive control: PID auto-tuning during operation, for platforms with variable plant during the mission such as: fumigation aircrafts, cargo delivery, tethered drone...
- Control modes: Fully automatic, fully manual, assisted manual and combined control modes. Selectable at any time during the flight.
- Gimbal / Tracker stabilization and pointing: Target pointing, fixed attitude from platform, fixed attitude from ground and follow control modes.
- Simultaneous operation: Up to 64 units control & multiple control stations with control or monitoring permissions.
- Communications: Satellite and 4G communications for BLOS operations and custom radio modules.
- Wind: Inflight wind estimation for aircraft control correction.
- RTK : Positioning: precise positioning up to cm level is possible with the embedded GNSS module, no extra hardware needed.
- Dual GNSS: Veronte Autopilot embeds dual GNSS for GPS positionin, ennaving GNSS attitude estimation (no magnetometer needed).
- Redundant IMU: Embedded redundant IMU & barometer for increased reliability and performance.
- Environmental Protection: Aluminium enclosure available for adding water protection up to IP67 level and EMI / EMC shielding.
Industries & applicationsConstructionArchitectureAgriculture & Crop managementMapping & TopographyMining, Oil & GasSurveillance
Safety & Certification
Veronte systems are designed and manufactured following the strictest safety and quality standards. Veronte Autopilot accomplishes DO-178C / ED-12, DO-254 and DO-160G regulations, being the core of the first 80Kg RPAS issued with a civil airworthiness certificate in Europe. Compliant with STANAG 4671, IEEE STD 830-1998 & STANAG 4703.
DDP & evidence documentation package available for UAV / RPAS / Drone certification: PSAC, SAS, SCI, PHAC, HAS, HCI, SDP, SVP, SCMP, SQAP, TQP, HVP, HCMP, HQAP, SRD, SSD, SVCP…
Veronte Autopilot is also available including triple module redundancy configurations for fail operational systems. Powered with a dissimilar arbiter processor provides redundancy in sensors, processing and datalink. Permitting also the connection of a 4th dissimilar autopilot.
Custom failsafe phases with user selectable performance (go home, onsite landing, loiter, parachute release…) on custom activation events, such as: low battery, datalink quality, out of safe area… and FTS (Flight Termination System) output for safety mechanism activation on a control system failure.
Veronte Pipe team has developed a highly intuitive control station tool that permits to configure a customized environment to operate. This application permits to control any Veronte based platform using the same interface, from a PC / Tablet running Windows, Linux or MAC.
This easy to use tool permits to operate the system with no pilot training. Configurable layout permits to load custom background maps (Google, Bing, Yahoo… or user images), and telemetry displays can be placed as desired on the screen.
Mission definition tool has been designed as an on map drawing tool for intuitive path design. On Veronte Pipe, not only waypoints can be defined but also custom links between waypoints, relative waypoints to a moving object, obstacle definition, no go areas... being possible to edit it during the flight.
- Unlimited waypoints & paths
- Curve based navigation
- Cloud connectivity
- Follow me
- Relative missions
- Auto, manual, arcade
- Automations module
- One-click missions
- Adaptive control
- Inflight PID tuning
- GNSS-based attitude
- Custom calculations
- Altimeter fusion
- External sensors
- RTK & RTCM
- Custom flight phases
- Gimbal auto-tracking
- Sense & avoid
- Transponder support
- Situational awareness
- IP67 & EMI protection
- DO178, DO 254 & DO160
- Support for certification
- Onboard black box
- Control station log
- On demand telemetry
- Event activated log
- Data encryption
- Dissimilar FTS
- Dual DSP
- Custom user interface
Please ask our team for further detail on Veronte Autopilot capabilities and custom integration within your platform. For first integrations, please check our Veronte Autopilot Kit.
Mechanical Enclosure Anodized Aluminium Weight (including radio module) 190g / 90g (no enclosure) Size 65 x 38 x 65 mm / 53 x 35 x 55 mm (no enclosure) Protection Rating IP67 Mounting M4 screws Temperature range (no convection) -40 to 65 ºC Pressure port diameter 2.4 mm RF connectors ( radio / GPS / WIFI) SMA jack female Vibration isolation Embedded Compatible Platforms Platform type Aircrafts: Fixed wing, VTOL, aerial targets, hybrid systems, multicopters, parafoil, paraglider, surface vehicles...Other: Surface vehicles (USV), ground vehicles (UGV), robot, custom platforms Control surfaces Aileron, flap, elevator, rudder, gas, v-tail, x-tail, elevon, flaperon, ruddervator, cyclic, collective, throttle, custom servo mixing... Engine Electric & combustion, multiple engine support Sensors Static pressure 15-115kPa Dynamic Pressure 4kPa (156kt 290km/h sea level) /
10kPa (247kt 459km/h sea level) /
50kPa (550kt 1028 km/h sea level)
Accelerometers (3 axes) ±16 G on maintained maneouvre (all axes redundancy) Rate-gyroscopes (3 axes) ±300 deg/s Magnetometers (3 axes) ±6 Gauss (compensated)
Optional external magnetometer fusion
GPS Dual GNSS, 10Hz receiver, 72 channels,
RTK & RTCM – GPS, GLONASS, BeiDou
Voltage Input voltage sensor Temperature Internal temperature sensor I / O (On base hardware - Expansion boards available) Vin 2 x (6.5 - 36 V) DC Power 8 - 18 W PWM / GPIO Up to 16 RS232 1 RS485 1 DIGIN Up to 6 VOut 5 & 3.3 V FTS Deadman outputs CAN Bus 2 ADC 5 EQEP 1 I2C 1 UART 1 USB 1 Data Link 900 MHz 902-928MHz / 115kbit/s / 90 Km LOS 2.4 GHz 2400-2483 MHz / 115kbit/s / 30 Km LOS Other External radio module via RS232, satcom, 4G, 400 MHz Operation User access level Unlimited user creation with selectable functionalities Selectable units Selectable units or custom unit creation Workspace Drag and drop telemetry displays (LCD, text, gauge, LED…) with configurable colors and sizes Map view Selectable form main map sources (google maps, mac, open maps...) or customizable using JPG/PNG images Control Configurable phases and control channels.
Cascade PID control or adaptive control.
Advanced maneuvres Veronte Pursuit: follow another Veronte equipped aircraf
Skimming: perform an aggressive maneuver at a low AGL
Multiple platforms Simultaneous platform control from the same control station Multiple control stations Multiple control stations available for controlling or monitoring Route Intuitive user interface for waypoint and route creation
Inflight mission edit.
Mapping tools Automatic mapping route generation by selecting the target surface and camera parameters. Payload Camera gimbal, tracking antenna, transponder, camera shooter... Flight modes Fully autonomus flight, assited control and manual control Safety pitot Safety pilot can take manual aircraft control at any time during the operation.
Joystick can be connected by wire to the control station or using an onboard receiver.
Safety Fail safe modes Configure custom automatic actions to take place on event detection
Actions: go home, parachute deployment, glide...
Events: flight time, distance, data link lose, GPS lose, waypoint reach, sensor value...
Warnings Customizable visual and sound warnings Qualification DO-178B / ED-12, DO-254, and DO-160G evidences for airworthiness certification FTS Dissimilar microprocessors and regulation stages. Configurable output for safety protocol activation on Veronte failure or manual activation Redundancy Dual and triple module redundant configurations Fault Tolerant Fail safe, fail operational for redundant configurations Export No export restrictions, ITAR free
Veronte Autopilot for UAV, UAS, RPAS & drone
Veronte Autopilot for UAV, UAS, RPAS & drone
Veronte Autopilot - OEM
Veronte Autopilot - Size and scheme
Veronte Autopilot - OEM Size and scheme
Veronte - Helicopter Control
Veronte - Multirotor Control
Veronte - Tethered Multirotor
Veronte - Hybrid Aircraft
Veronte - X8 flight - 30 % mass inflight drop
- Veronte Autopilot Brochure [2009 KB.]
- Veronte 3D models (STL) [1899 KB.] (Right click the link and choose 'Save As...' to download this file)
- Veronte Autopilot HUM [710 KB.]
- Veronte Hardware and Software User Manual (Current Version)
- Veronte Hardware and Software User Manual (up to v.2.12) [22.286 KB.]